1st trimester summary:
i have been very blessed these first 14 weeks. besides being super hungry, very tired and breaking out like a 13 year old, i wouldnt even know i was pregnant. well, the growing belly is a dead giveaway too :o). i grew out of my bras pretty quickly and started wearing a few maternity items a couple of weeks ago (loving stretchy pants!!!). luckily i own a lot of roomy dresses, like the one above, that are great during this transition. so far, i havent had any strange cravings but i have noticed that if i mention in passing that i would love a ___(insert yummy food here), most of the time, it shows up. not because i am having pregnancy cravings ... its just because husband is the bomb!!!
things i am not looking forward to:
- spending money on bras and bathing suites that will support the growing girls. it is expensive to find something that is supportive when im not pregnant. so spending a lot for something that is temporary seems silly, but to not find and purchase the appropriate garments is not an option.
- random people asking me very personal or just inappropriate/dumb questions. i have a very low tolerance for this lately and cannot seem to muster up the "just smile and keep your mouth shut" approach. i know i will be getting a lot of practice so i may as well get used to it.
- people being so judgmental - again, having a very low tolerance for women making other women feel like crap about themselves. im sure i will do a entire post dedicated to this in the near future, so i will just leave at that for now.
- rocking my belly at the beach
- finding out the gender
- more energy
- starting the nursery.
- being out of the awkward "is she getting fat/is she pregnant" phase
- laying in bed with husband talking about names and what our baby will be like.
- our babymoon!!!!! (which i will tell you more about in a later post)