- it wasnt nearly as hard as i thought it would be. i think it really helped that i cut back so much the week before and became familiar some of the recipes.
- although it wasnt extremely difficult, its not like i didnt regret making the commitment to juice at some time during the weekend. on sunday, i thought for a brief moment "why the heck am i even doing this? i want chinese food right now!" and monday i had a little breakdown because i was bored ... which means i usually would be all "lets go get a late lunch and a beer." im glad i stuck it out!
- i read that several people have super awesome skin after completing a similar detox. personally, i cant tell a difference. BUT this might have something to do with the fact that i didnt follow a certain plan. if they had a certain type of juice to drink at certain types of the day, then i can see how that could make a difference.
- at one point i thought this detox would "clean me out" like in a fierce pooping type way. that did not happen at all. in fact, i really didnt go much at all.
- i did loose a total of 4.4 lbs. however, if i had gone right back to my old ways on tuesday, it would be really easy to gain it back. my first day, i had a banana for breakfast, simple chicken salad for lunch and salmon with asparagus for dinner. it was a very easy transition, and 3 days later, i have kept it off.
- yes, i did this to help with the holiday weight gain, but that is not the main reason. my number one reason was to get a new outlook on my diet. to get out all the crap i have consumed and start from scratch with a cleaner and healthier outlook on food. because this was my goal, i consider the 3 day juice detox to be a success.
- i would do this again! i read that its good to do about 4 times a year. i plan on adding juicing to my weekly diet. maybe next time i will challenge myself to do a 9 day cleanse?
if you are planning on doing a juice detox, here is my advice:
- prepare your body - again, my portion size for every meal in all of november and december were through the roof. if i had not cut back significantly the week before, i would have starved.
- do your research - i read a lot about juicing online. i found a lot of bad juicing stories where people set themselves up for failure before putting one veggie in the juicer. i also found a lot of recipes online that i was able to adjust to my liking.
- drink lots of water - this was helpful to wash everything down and keep my belly happy.
- plan out your meals afterwards - if i had not taken the time to cook on monday night and get my meals ready for tuesday, i would have eaten anything put in front of me. i had my meals planned out for the whole day ... and they were all very healthy.
see part one here