Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

psst

... i would like to share a secret with you. 


on a number of occasions, i have been told that i am a bit lacking when it comes to writing.  im sure you are all thinking "duh."  i am well aware that i cannot spell and i dont like using punctuation ... but i think its more than that.  i write how i talk and not everyone gets it.

this secret is one reason i started this blog.  i am trying to get over my fear of putting my words out there.  as i read through new years resolutions from fellow bloggers, i found that several of them have vowed to be fearless in 2011.  not the "bungee jumping" kind of fearless but the kind that doesnt hold you back from reaching goals and being who you want to be.  i guess what im trying to teach myself is to get rid of this feeling that i am inadequate.  i have felt inadequate as a student, when i write, as a wife, as a Christ follower, at my job, at photographing, as a blogger, etc.  it was really inspiring to see some other bloggers, that i really look up to, feel the same at times.  think of that one person you just know has it all together ... im sure they have felt insufficient at some point too.

my biggest relief is that God makes the best out of my shortcomings ... he uses them to his advantage.  i do not have to completely rely on myself to overcome these faults.  instead, i will rely on my God to fix what he wants to, and make the best out of everything else.

2 corinthians 12:9 says:
but He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." therefore i will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  

this year, there are 4 things i want to focus on:

  1. seek   (psalm 119:10) 
  2. be still   (psalm 46:10)
  3. listen   (proverbs 4:20-22)
  4. obey   (james 1:22-25)
if i can focus on these things, i will become less fearful of what other people think.  i know God will constantly remind me that He is strong when i am weak and how He loves me no matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...