Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

to be a better me

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things i cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

i have never been thru a 12 step program to help with an addiction, but man, the serenity prayer speaks volumes to me.  it is my prayer every day to accept change, people and life. i seek to be a better person ... a better wife and friend, etc.  but i remind myself constantly that the only thing i can change is me.  this helps me to be able to love people for exactly who they are right now, not the person i can love if ___.  it helps me to love more like Christ.

recently, i have decided to take control of me ... or rather take control of being able to give God control (not sure if that makes sense to you, but it does to me).  i will have a plan.  this will not be the kind of plan that i have deadlines and freak out if things dont go accordingly.  this will be a plan that i open to God in prayer and searching thru His word.  this plan will be flexible to change at a moments notice if He is in control.  its refreshing just thinking about it.  

i will seek God daily and hide his word in my heart.  because of this, life will make sense ... it will move forward and i will be a better me!  

"i know not what the future holds, but i know who holds the future"

photo by christine hall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...